Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My life As of Late

Things I have done lately...

Played water kickball with my young CubScouts it was a ton of fun and the boys had a blast. The boys were giving me a hard time about not playing so I thought wisely to myself "Self you can kick the ball a long long ways and easily clear the bases." Brilliant idea then everyone gets wet one last time. I kicked the ball WAY far and started a jog to first... then started to go to second and realized they had gotten the ball faster than I had thought and my "I cannot be thrown out" attitude got the best of me and I took off to second as fast as my wobbling body would allow. (Which I was told was pretty quick). Upon safely reaching 3rd base I knew I had hurt myself. I quickly ended the game and we handed out otter pops for the boys.  Zack and I drove some of the boys home and then I cried. Yes, good people it hurt that bad.  The following Monday I went to the doctor (because I see him every week now) and he informed me to avoid playing kickball at 9 months pregnant he also told me I had pulled just about every muscle on the left side of my body I would need to assist in getting London here. He also told me I was 50% effaced and dilated 1 cm. Whoot whoot! (you should have seen me walk priceless)  Here is how I got around our little abode.
Yes good people I used the baby stroller as a walker. Completely flattering picture as well I know.   In other news this past weekend we found Zack a pet or one he would like to have. On Sunday we went on a little adventure. Over in Round Valley (basically TQ Ville) is a guy who has a free petting zoo with all sorts of animals. Like big smelly Yaks, different breeds of Llamas, 100 beautiful peacocks, wild ponies, an African Bull with HUGE horns, a huge white dog name Cash,  and Zack's favorite baby raccoon's. He carried this little one all over the tour with us. 

Also family I usually go to the Doctor on Mondays just so you know and since it is Tuesday here is what you need to know. I'm dilated to a 1.5 cm, and 80% effaced. Which I didn't know what that meant so I asked the doctor and he said it's a really really good thing. (and no I wont explain it to you how he explained it to me.) 

Zack and I are both getting crazy excited about London's arrival (yes even the birthing part I am way excited for that as well). I've been doing some birthing homework and have decided I am going to try to do this naturally.  Bring it. If you have negative feelings about this... Go jump off a bridge.  :) I will not be listening to you at all if you try to talk to me about it. I am excited to try this method I was told/and have been studying/practicing for a few months. So gees Why not? What's the worst that could happen? :)  Anywho's I'm sure London will join us eventually and till then I am going to try to be patient. She is due on July 9, but the Doc is expecting her possibly a little earlier. I have had some sporadic contractions and am looking forward to making the drive to Logan next week to check on the little one.  Love you guys! 



No comments:

Post a Comment