Sunday, February 6, 2011

311

recent quotes/conversations

"So you are religious?" yes i'm a Mormon. "Oh so shouldn't you be in one of those things?" (imagine hand gestures around his head, and then crossed himself) I'm not a nun i'm a Mormon. -thank you Aaron.

Class Monday "College is not the time to think, its the time to dream and if you are going to dream, dream big." thank you professor. fast forward to later in Mondays class "Miss Bringhurst what are you doing?" ... "Dreaming big."

School is officially in full swing and i find myself in 4 yes count them 4 Exercise Science classes. Which include two of my new found favorites. Nutrition, and Philosophy of Coaching. i've never wanted to be a coach but the more i pay attention the more it appeals to me. In my PhilCo class we had to pick a coaching book to read, i chose The Man Watching by Tim Crothers its phenominal it is about Anson Dorrance, UNCs Soccer coach. The language is not for the feint of heart but everything else is good.

Nutrition so fun fact for those of us that are constantly looking for a way to keep our abs in check, and our pop-bellies at bay. Sit-ups and crunches don't help until that "unmentionable" other layer aka Fat is gone. Doing those ab workouts only build up the muscle underneath and actually cause your little belly to stick out further. (Like after thanksgiving)

Among Nutrition, and PhilCo you find, Motor Development, Team PE Games, and Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries. I love my schedule it's a lot of reading and a lot of information but it's worth it.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, finally a post. i was going to ask you to just saw something. Consider it a birthday present for me. :) I actually knew that fun little nutrition fact. That is why I stay away from all sit ups and crunches. Would hate to look bigger than I am. :)ha ha Sounds like you are liking school. Good thing! Glad to see you are still alive.

    (went to post this and my verification word was leysi. Is that a subliminal message for lazy? )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if sit up don't help until the intial fat is gone then why do they do them on biggest loser?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good one Erica!! Guess what Tia, it was actually warm enough today I wore capri's and flip flops around town:) Yes my legs are still as white as can be but I was proud!! Abi say's Guess what Aunt Tia? Your right, "Nothing". She's so silly sometimes!! Sounds like school is going well, keep us updated!! Love ya! Kate..

    ReplyDelete
  4. From my understanding is it is not that they are not helping, you can still get a great 6 pack - under that layer of fat. But that six pack will just push your belly out farther and make you look bigger if the layer of fat is still there. that is why cardio is still so important. That is why I look the way I do. I have an awesome six-pack under this layer of fat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Biggest loser is a TV show Air. are seriously taking a workout from that? But yeah April you are the right the muscle develops anyways just under the fat. which is why cardio is so important. Kate that little girl of yours... sooo funny. I hope she still does it to dad.

    ReplyDelete