Monday, August 24, 2009

Orientation

Probably the most fun I have had is going to soccer practice, or pulling late nights with the team. The rest of my days are spent in orientation meetings, or with my Signature Group. Orientation is boring and well my signature group I'm definitely the minority, most of the girls are really nice, but one little chica and i butt-heads just a little. Her first words to me were "Are you a Mormon? I hate Mormons." Naturally i grinned said Yes, yes i am LDS. Which opened up the next classroom discussion on Mormonism. giving Miss Mormon Hater a perfect opportunity to contradict everything and put in her own two cents worth on my religion. Ug that was annoying and frustrating. Soccer is going great! i absolutely love to play with these girls they are a lot of fun, and usually give me a challenge. We have Opening Convocation tomorrow night. Its our first semi-formal activity. Its also where the 1st years take the Honor Code. I'm looking forward to that.

LAST SATURDAY:
We had a game at 10 so we got to sleep in till 8:30 it was nice. Once we were on the field it of course started to rain (like it always does out here.) and SOAKED us all. Then it stopped right as the game started, but it rained just enough to make everything wet which was no bueno. We lost the game but Jay liked what he saw, and i played RATHER well. :) I like it Jay was our center ref and corrected us while we were playing telling us what he wanted to see and how to fix it that was cool. um... YEAH we play again this Saturday against a Virginia CLUB team so that should really tell us a lot about where we are at as a team. On Friday the 1st years (not freshmen that's sexist.) have a little GET AWAY to the Mountains and will return Saturday MORNING.

LIFE here is going good we start school on Wednesday and today i have meetings with my counselor, DOCTOR P...something something. He's kinda cool. Well besides GHOST stories about my dorm, dropping a bed, and having to wait in line for FOOD its not so BAD. :D I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment