Thursday, August 20, 2009

THE WORST PLANE EXPERIENCE

Well kids I’m in typing this while I’m in the airport waiting for my flight. I met a really nice family and they showed me where I should go, thank goodness for nice people. After that I was sitting with a bunch of yankee fans they had this old man with them he was hilarious, I could have done without the Yankee boys though. On the plane I met the man who coined the word “Vegas’d” Salvador something or another he was really nice and gave me someone to talk to while our flight out of Vegas was delayed for an hour and a half. And that is where my troubles began. That flight after it finally took off was good, at first I h had a woman who was drunk sitting in the aisle seat on my row, she found out I was from Utah and dropped the F bomb I kid you not every sentence and I’m not exaggerating. So my new buddy Sal and I talked while she cussed up a storm. Then she yelled at Sal, and told me there was no way anyone could know what they wanted to do with their life at age 18. So of course our next conversation was about school and physical therapy. She ended up leaving us before we took off and switched to a “more fun” seat which was A-ok with me. Now after that flight which I froze to death on we got off and since we were delayed I missed my flight so It was rescheduled I was sent down to the wrong gate and missed my rescheduled flight. Then I got chewed out by the lady who re-rescheduled my flight who had hair like Sasquatch. After that I went and parked my bubble-butt in F6 where my plane would come in about an hour. Finally a nice easy flight!! Not too shabby, it went fast I slept the whole way until we came over Detroit, it was so cloudy! We sat above the clouds looking it was incredible I wish my camera had batteries in it I would have taken a picture it was really neat to see. Ah the flight from Detroit to Greensboro North Carolina was good no incidents. Until I got off and discovered that my baggage had never left Minnesota so I am without clothes for the time being the whole team though is being way cool there are eleven first years and we get along really well. Celeste Pantuso my roommate is awesome. She’s kinda quiet but that’s a good thing I like her a lot.

The team is awesome!! We had our first meeting which explained this fundraiser we are doing L yeah we all know how great I am at those. Practice was good this morning. We ran two miles and then did sprints up a little hill. I like it a lot. The buildings here are absolutely amazing they are old brick and there are old fashioned fences to I mean ancient, seriously the coolest pictures could be taken here. I’ll try to post some soon.

1st mosquito bite

1st lost on campus

1st party

1st night

1st chit chat with the team

Luggage arrived yesterday so nice! i have clothes and it actually looks like i live here. Though i need some pictures. Three a-days are hard but i like it. We do 3 minutes sprints ug those are kinda difficult, but its good. Sorry it took so long to post this i've been without the internet since i left, and i just got my connection cable.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.......you had more "people" experiences than I have had in all my years of flying. The drunk woman sounds disgusting.......but good you had other people around you that were kind. For the most part people traveling are always willing to help each other. Glad your luggage showed up. Is there anything you need????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I told you that I was nervous and I didnot even leave the parking garage which was an experience all on its own. Congrats on your quickness and I am glad your luggage is now with you because I know how stinky you can become keep posting lots of love

    ReplyDelete